Tag: 大木桥路2号搬到哪去了

Watch AC/DC Bid Farewell To Bassist Cliff Williams At His Final Show

first_imgLast night, AC/DC brought their run with vocalist Axl Rose to a close. The tour wound it’s way across the world before finishing up in Philadelphia, PA at the Wells Fargo Center, with Rose replacing long-time vocalist Brian Johnson after he was forced to retire due to his deteriorating hearing.Original rhythm guitarist Malcolm Young was also forced to retire earlier this year as he is battling a debilitating case of dementia. While the tour pushed on, bassist Cliff Williams announced back in July that he would be retiring at the end of this tour, with it not feeling right to go on with so many original members dropping out due to health reasons. With that in mind, last night in Philadelphia was Williams’ final show with the band.Anyone who has seen AC/DC knows that it is the Angus Young show, with his schoolboy outfit, energetic stage presence, and wild guitar playing. It proved a truly touching moment when Young walked Williams out to the front and center of the stage as the band rang out the final notes of “For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)” in Philadelphia.See below for a HD video of “For Those About To Rock”, and watch as Angus Young salutes Cliff Williams during his final moments as a member of AC/DC:Video courtesy of YouTube user Jim Powers.last_img read more

Read More

Latics receive McCarthy interest

first_img Press Association The Ireland international was one of the stars of the Latics’ run to FA Cup glory last year and it was thought that he would be one of those departing the DW Stadium following their relegation. While he still remains part of Coyle’s squad, the manager knows that interest could well be ramped up in McCarthy and others as the end of the transfer window draws near. Owen Coyle revealed Wigan have received enquiries for in-demand midfielder James McCarthy, but those showing an interest have yet to back it up with bids.center_img “Do we expect phone calls? Absolutely because that’s the nature of the window,” said Coyle. “Some will be people chasing, others will be genuine enquiries, and then from that there might be some sort of bids. “As it is there hasn’t been any as of yet but you never say never in this game.” McCarthy has been linked with Everton, where he would be reunited with former Latics boss Roberto Martinez, and Newcastle in recent weeks. Any bid could come if the Toffees sell Manchester United target Marouane Fellaini or the Magpies part with want-away Frenchman Yohan Cabaye. And Coyle has braced himself for the usual flurry of activity that the end of the window brings. He added: “As much as we’d like to be knowing in advance we’re prepared for any eventuality. “But there’s no bids as we sit here for any of our players.” last_img read more

Read More

O’Neill: No contact for Ireland job

first_img The 61-year-old Northern Irishman, who represented his country 64 times as a midfielder, has been out of work since leaving the Black Cats in March and became the overwhelming bookmakers’ favourite to replace Giovanni Trapattoni as Republic boss when the Italian was sacked on Wednesday. But when speaking to Sir Clive Woodward on BBC Radio Five Live on Thursday evening, O’Neill gave the link short shrift, saying: “I have had no contact whatsoever from anyone at the Irish FA at this moment and there’s not much more I can say about it.” Press Association Former Sunderland and Aston Villa manager Martin O’Neill says he has not been contacted over the vacant management role with the Republic of Ireland. Delaney said: “It would be an interesting appointment, but it’s probably inappropriate for me to comment on individuals because if I start talking about one being ruled in or ruled out, that wouldn’t be correct for me. “We are going to get a new manager and that manager’s objectives will be to get us to the European Championship in 2016. “Football, as we all know, tends to surprise us, but I wouldn’t read anything in to someone being a favourite or not being a favourite.” Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert believes O’Neill is an ideal candidate. He said: “There’s no doubt about it, he could do the job standing on his head. No problem. “I’ve always said he’s a fantastic manager and it would be up to him whether he’d want to go into international football or go back to club football. I don’t know but whoever takes him has got a great manager.” It is, however, understood the Ulsterman is open to an approach, while former Ireland manager Mick McCarthy, currently in charge at Ipswich, has not distanced himself from speculation linking him to the vacancy. Whoever the new Republic of Ireland manager is, he could face a baptism of fire in Germany. Football Association of Ireland chief executive John Delaney has admitted that, in an ideal world, he would like to have Trapattoni’s replacement in place in time for next month’s World Cup qualifiers against Group C leaders Germany – who won 6-1 at the Aviva Stadium in October last year – and Kazakhstan. Delaney told Sky Sports News: “Ideally it would be nice to have a manager in place for the games in October, but that’s not a must because it’s 12 months until we play our first European qualifiers in September. “It’s important that we get the right man in so we qualify for France 2016.” Ireland’s hopes of reaching the World Cup finals in Brazil are virtually over with a six-point gap behind second-placed Sweden with two games remaining. Norwich boss Chris Hughton and Leeds counterpart Brian McDermott, who were both mentioned – along with O’Neill, McCarthy and Roy Keane – by Delaney as prospective candidates in a radio interview on Wednesday, have ruled themselves out. The Keane camp was remaining tight-lipped on Thursday, and Delaney would not be drawn on his chances of being appointed after his infamous departure from Saipan before the 2002 World Cup finals. last_img read more

Read More

Mignolet backs Reds to bounce back

first_imgLiverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet and manager Brendan Rodgers have called for the players to use the defeat against Manchester United as motivation for a renewed top-four push. The 2-1 loss at Anfield was their first in the league since losing at Old Trafford in mid-December and left them five points adrift of their arch-rivals, who occupy the final Champions League qualification spot. But just as the squad reacted to losing to United just before Christmas the expectation now is for them to bounce back and maintain the challenge. Press Association The Reds boss remains confident the defeat, which saw captain Steven Gerrard sent off less than a minute after coming on at half-time, will not derail their bid for the top four . “It makes it difficult (for the top four). We had a 10-game objective that we set and built into that was that we were not going to win every single game,” added Rodgers. “It’s still very much (possible) for us to go where we want to go, which is the top four. “We just need to fight that bit harder and make up a five-point difference.” Mignolet enhanced his improving reputation further with an added-time penalty save against Wayne Rooney but admitted it gave him little pleasure in the wider context. “The penalty save isn’t important any more although Skrts (Martin Skrtel) had a chance after that,” he added. “When you play at home, you always want to win, but unfortunately it didn’t happen. “They scored in the first half and against a team like Manchester United, it’s always difficult after that. “In the second half, we tried to come back with a new plan to try to make sure we got a result out of the game. “With 10 men we fought hard to get something out of the game and we got the goal through Daniel (Sturridge) but unfortunately we didn’t then get the chance to get an equaliser.” Mignolet also praised Gerrard on his post-match apology for his moment of madness. “That’s what he is about,” said the Belgium international. “He spoke to the team after the game inside the dressing room and what was said exactly shall stay in there, but it shows who and what he is off the pitch.” Skrtel could find himself facing a retrospective ban if the Football Association decided his challenge on goalkeeper David de Gea in the final seconds of the game warrants punishment. Referee Martin Atkinson took no action at the time but television replays showed the Slovakian defender trod on De Gea’s arm. With the imposition of a three-match ban possible Liverpool would need cover but fellow centre-back Dejan Lovren is already a doubt after being ruled out of Croatia’s Euro 2016 qualifier against Norway on Saturday. The 25-year-old was not in the squad to face United and the Croatian Football Federation have announced he will miss this weekend’s match in Zagreb due to a recurrence of the ” abdominal wall injury” that forced him out of last year’s game against Bulgaria. Liverpool’s other centre-back Kolo Toure has travelled to the Ivory Coast to join up with his national team despite retiring after winning the African Nations Cup earlier this year. The veteran defender, who Press Association Sport understands is close to agreeing a one-year extension to his stay at Anfield, has been included in the party for friendlies against Angola and Equatorial Guinea so he can be involved in the celebrations as the squad play their first matches in the Ivory Coast since lifting the trophy. “There’s still a lot to play for and when we come back from international duty, we’ve got that big game against Arsenal (in third),” Mignolet told liverpoolfc.com. “The game away to Manchester United at Old Trafford we used as a catalyst to put in a lot of good performances – so let’s use this game as a catalyst again when we come back. “With all the games still to play until the end of the season we can still do really well. “We’ll build on the game and hopefully we can come back and get a run going again like we did after that Old Trafford game.” Rodgers has urged the squad to use the international break to put the defeat behind them and return ready for a difficult trip to the Emirates Stadium. “The message to the players was that last performance at Old Trafford was a great springboard for us,” he said. “We went on and, up until this point (against United), we hadn’t lost a league game. “So now we must use this similarly; refocus, get over the disappointment and then come back into a tough game next against Arsenal and really look to get the points there.” last_img read more

Read More