Category: opvncmxt

CATEGORIES:

first_imgCarpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award P260,000 each in aid to displaced Marawi folk released by US View comments ADVERTISEMENT Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? A league of their own LATEST STORIES Sarah Geronimo’s ‘Tala’ enters Billboard’s world digital song sales chart MOST READ Comelec assures no disruption in operations with retirement of execs Tim Cone still willing to coach Gilas but admits decision won’t be ‘simple yes or no’ Gilas Pilipinas forward Japeth Aguilar made it a double celebration on Monday. ‘Duterte legacy:’ Gov’t boasts achievements so far Sarah Geronimo’s ‘Tala’ enters Billboard’s world digital song sales chart Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college Phivolcs: Slim probability of Taal Volcano caldera eruption Less than 24 hours after helping the Philippines booked a second straight trip to the Fiba World Cup, Aguilar proposed to his longtime girlfriend Cassandra Naidas upon his arrival at NAIA Terminal 3.The 32-year-old Aguilar surprised his beau as he went down on one knee and popped the question. Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Distance indeed makes the love grow fonder as Aguilar’s proposal came after traveling To in Qatar and Kazakhstan for Gilas’ campaign in the sixth and final window of the Fiba World Cup Asian qualifiers.Thank you guys for all the messages & tweets. I’ve read all of them & appreciate each one.☺️ Here is a picture of the ring. @japethaguilar35 got me exactly what I asked for hehe.💗We don’t have proper pictures cause Jap wasn’t feeling well. He needs a few days to recuperate.😢 pic.twitter.com/7ZYLTZXrjY— cassandra naidas (@cassynaidas) February 26, 2019On Twitter, Naidas thanked the fans for the love and gave them a glimpse of her engagement rock. She said it was inspired by Carrie Bradshaw’s ring on the hit show “Sex and the City.”Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Nextlast_img read more

Read More
CATEGORIES:

first_imgMIAMI – Lennar Corp. on Tuesday reported a 73 percent plunge in first-quarter earnings and predictions that it is going to fall short of 2007 earnings goals. Since the start of February, home builders KB Homes, Hovanian Enterprises Inc. and Toll Brothers Inc. all reported falling profits. Stuart Miller, Lennar’s president and chief executive, said a lack of demand for the winter-spring buying season, new problems with subprime lenders and higher-than-desired land costs hurt profits. The company reported drops in new home orders and building starts, and that Florida contained some of the slowest new-home markets. Lennar shares fell 4 cents, or less than 1 percent, to close at $44.50 on the New York Stock Exchange, after decreasing almost 3 percent earlier in the day. “These are difficult times for the home-building industry,” Miller said on a conference call. “The reality is that market conditions are still challenging at best and in some markets continuing to deteriorate.” Miami-based Lennar reported that net income for the quarter ended Feb. 28 fell to $68.6 million, or 43 cents per share, from $258.1 million, or $1.58 per share, a year earlier. The results were in line with expectations of analysts surveyed by Thomson Financial. Revenue declined 14 percent to $2.79 billion from $3.24 billion a year ago, topping Wall Street’s estimate of $2.49 billion. Lennar said it was trying to raise profit margins in the face of higher buyer incentives that were implemented in attempts to move inventory. The builder was continuing to pursue debt and cost reductions and savings in selling, general and administrative expenses. In January, Miller laid out a yearly earnings goal of $3.69 per share in hopes that the job market would stay strong, the economy would continue to be healthy and the new-home market would demonstrate “traditional, seasonal improvement.” At that time the home builder said it’s expanded a joint venture to include a new partner, MW Housing Partners, which is co-managed by MacFarlane Partners and includes the California Public Employees’ Retirement System, known as CalPERS. The Miami company said it’s reached a deal to admit MW Housing Partners to its LandSource joint venture, which as of July 1 had assets of about $1.3 billion located primarily in the Santa Clarita Valley outside Los Angeles. – Wire services160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img read more

Read More
CATEGORIES:

first_imgFORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – With news today of the startling rise in fentanyl related deaths in BC, the Fort St. John region has also seen a spike in accidental illicit overdose deaths.According to the updated report, there have been 6 fentanyl related deaths in 2016 so far in the Fort St. John area. This also includes deaths in Pink Mountain and Wonowon.In 2015 there were only 2 deaths compared to 4 in 2014. The Fort St. John area has the most deaths in 2016 in the Northern Region so far this year from January to May.- Advertisement -Prince George is next on the list with 3 deaths this year, followed by Dawson Creek and Terrace with 1 each.last_img read more

Read More
CATEGORIES:

first_img0Shares0000A statue of Stoke City and England’s former goalkeeper Gordon Banks is draped in scarves and surrounded by floral tributes to honour England’s World Cup winning goalkeeper, outside the Bet365 stadium in Stoke-on-Trent, central England © AFP / Oli SCARFFPARIS, France, Feb 12 – Pele said on Tuesday he was “glad” England goalkeeper Gordon Banks saved his header at the 1970 World Cup because it was the start of a lasting friendship between the two men.Paying tribute to Banks who died on Monday at the age of 81, the Brazilian legend said that even now he cannot believe Banks managed to scoop away the header in Guadalajara’s Estadio Jalisco. “The save was one of the best I have ever seen – in real life and in all the thousands of games I have watched since,” Pele, 78, said in a Facebook post.“He came from nowhere and he did something I didn’t feel was possible. He pushed my header, somehow, up and over.“And I couldn’t believe what I saw. Even now when I watch it, I can’t believe it. I can’t believe how he moved so far, so fast.”Although Banks had played a key role when England win the World Cup in 1966, the save from Pele four years later came to define his career and the Brazilian said it created an unbreakable bond between the two men.“So I am glad he saved my header – because that act was the start of a friendship between us that I will always treasure. Whenever we met, it was always like we had never been apart.“I have great sadness in my heart today and I send condolences to the family he was so proud of.“Rest in peace, my friend. Yes, you were a goalkeeper with magic. But you were also so much more. You were a fine human being.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)last_img read more

Read More
CATEGORIES:

first_imgInter Milan will look to sign Manchester City star Yaya Toure – if they fail to keep hold of Mateo Kovacic this summer.The Croatian midfielder has been one of the stand-out performers for Roberto Mancini’s team this season and has attracted interest from a host of clubs.Liverpool are thought to be the front runners for the 20-year-old’s signature, while sides in Germany have also shown an interest.Inter do not want to lose their influential midfielder but, if they do, the club is reportedly making plans on how to replace him.According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Mancini has told the Italian club’s board to bring in Toure if they allow Kovacic to leave the San Siro.Mancini worked with Toure during his time at Manchester City and is said to be eager to link up with the Ivorian once again. 1 Yaya Toure last_img read more

Read More
CATEGORIES:

first_img1 Raheem Sterling Liverpool have reached an agreement with Manchester City for the £49million transfer of Raheem Sterling.City have already failed with two bids, the second reported to be worth £40million, this summer, but it appears they have now made progress in talks.Sterling missed the start of pre-season training earlier this week, citing illness as he sat out Wednesday and Thursday’s sessions before reporting on Friday.It had been reported that he had asked manager Brendan Rodgers if he could be excused from the pre-season tour before being named in the 30-man squad.Liverpool are due to fly to Bangkok on Sunday ahead of their first friendly against a Thai All Stars side next Tuesday.It is understood Sterling reported for training with rest of the squad at Melwood on Sunday morning but Liverpool took the decision to withdraw him from the trip.Sterling joined Liverpool from QPR’s academy in 2010 and has made 129 appearances for the club, scoring 23 goals.He made his senior England debut in 2012 and has scored one goal in 16 appearances.The 20-year-old’s actions this summer have prompted criticism from a host of ex-Liverpool stars, with his former captain Steven Gerrard the latest to speak out,  saying he is” not happy with all that carry-on”.Assuming Sterling agrees terms with City and passes a medical, his protracted and acrimonious departure from Anfield will finally be sealed.last_img read more

Read More
CATEGORIES:

first_imgThe county will be awash with green and gold tomorrow (FRI) as schools and businesses from tip to toe of the county are asked to don their Donegal jersey for a day in support of the 2013 Donegal GAA Senior Football Team Training Fund.Schools, companies, colleges, clubs and organisations are invited to join in on this county-wide event to add a splash of colour and fun to raising much needed funds for the sporting season ahead.Participants are asked to donate €2 to take part in what will be a great day enjoyed by all ages. “Donning your Donegal jersey for the day will be a great show of community support for Jim and the boys as they prepare for the Championship season ahead”, says County Chairman Sean Dunnion.“All donations made to the training fund will be greatly appreciated. So we invite you to ditch your shirt and tie for a day and share your true county colours with your fellow classmates, colleagues, family and friends”Alternatively if Friday May 24th does not suit, the team is asking organisations to host a ‘Wear Your County Colours Day’ at a more convenient date before the end of the month.For more information please contact Grace Boyle on 0868032954  DONEGAL V TYRONE: SCHOOLS AND COMPANIES GET READY FOR DONEGAL JERSEY DAY THIS FRIDAY was last modified: May 23rd, 2013 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:DONEGAL V TYRONE: SCHOOLS AND COMPANIES GET READY FOR DONEGAL JERSEY DAY THIS FRIDAYlast_img read more

Read More
CATEGORIES:

first_imgA woman who was caught with a number of forged €20 notes claimed they belonged to her ex-boyfriend.Courtney Coyle, aged 22 was stopped by Gardai in Co Donegal on June 14th last after a counterfeit note had been passed at a shop. Eagle-eyed staff at the shop took her car registration number and Gardai stopped her at Townsparks in Convoy.When stopped a total of ten €20 forged notes, all with the same serial number were found in a purse in the middle of the car.Solicitor for Ms Coyle of Summer Meadows Manor, Waterside in Derry, Mr Donagh Cleary said the notes belonged to her boyfriend but she had taken responsibility for them.Judge Paul Kelly asked if the accused had helped Gardai with their investigation and was told she had not.Mr Cleary added that the forged notes were technically in her possession because they were in her car but she had since split with her boyfriend and has no previous convictions.Letterkenny District Court heard that Ms Coyle is due to start work with a private ambulance company.Judge Kelly said that if Ms Coyel paid €200 to the Letterkenny Youth group he would dismiss the charge.Woman caught with forged €20 notes took rap for boyfriend was last modified: July 2nd, 2019 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Read More
CATEGORIES:

first_imgFROM CORK GAA: Today, on the Sunday before the All-Ireland Senior Football Final, Doheny’s GAA Club held their annual commemoration of the late Sam Maguire, native of Dunmanway.The event took the form of a service at the local Church of Ireland, St. Mary’s, followed by the laying of a wreath at Sam Maguire’s grave in the churchyard by County PRO Tracey Kennedy.Sam Maguire’s extensive work for the GAA in London, both as a player and as an administrator, led to his former colleagues collecting money to purchase the Sam Maguire Cup, which is presented each year to the winners of the All-Ireland Football Final. There is no doubt that for these roles alone, he deserves the huge honour of having the most important football trophy in the GAA world named in his memory. However, along with captaining London Hibernians to a number of All-Ireland Finals, and becoming Chairman of the London County Board, Sam Maguire also played an important role in the foundation of our state, which is detailed so well on the Doheny GAA website, www.dohenygaa.com. He worked with Michael Collins, and rose to the rank of Lieutenant-General of the I.R.B. and Director of Intelligence in Britain. His illness and death at the age of just 48 certainly robbed our state and our Association of a great man.Despite all his achievements, Sam Maguire died in poverty and obscurity at his farm outside Dunmanway, and if it wasn’t for the local people and his GAA colleagues in Dublin and London, his name might never have been heard again.  He is now commemorated not only by the beautiful cup that bears his name, but also by the Doheny GAA ground, Sam Maguire Park, and by the juvenile club in Dunmanway that plays under his name.Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.  A WEEK BEFORE THE FINAL, SAM MAGUIRE IS REMEMBERED IN COUNTY CORK was last modified: September 16th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:A WEEK BEFORE THE FINALSAM MAGUIRE IS REMEMBERED IN COUNTY CORKlast_img read more

Read More
CATEGORIES:

first_imgSOCCER chiefs are investigating a stomach-churning racist attack on an African-born boy during a teenage soccer match in Donegal.The Schoolboy Football Association of Ireland said today it is investigating an allegation of racial abuse towards a 14-year-old African-born player during a cup game at the weekend.Monkey chants were shouted from a small section of the crowd at an U15s game on Saturday. The referee ordered teenage players off the pitch due to the chants as the teenager was left in tears.Schools FAI general secretary Martin O’Hanlon confirmed that the association is investigating the sickening incident.“We take something like this very seriously, but short of making an assessment, I can’t say anything. We have an allegation of racist taunting,” he said.The organisation is awaiting the referee’s report on the incident. “We have spoken to football people, not the boy, people have rang us about it,” said Mr O’Hanlon. The teenager’s coach has said there were very clear monkey chants coming from one section of the crowd “every time he touched the ball”. The referee warned the crowd that he would abandon play, but he then re-started the game. OUTRAGE AT SICKENING RACIST ‘MONKEY’ CHANTS AIMED AT TEENAGE FOOTBALLER was last modified: March 5th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:FAIinvestigationracist abuseSFAIlast_img read more

Read More