Tag: 夜上海论坛QD

Dutch, Spanish and Monaco Formula 1 GPs postponed

first_img“Due to the ongoing and fluid nature of the COVID-19 situation globally, the FIA, Formula One and the three promoters have taken these decisions in order to ensure the health and safety of the travelling staff, championship participants and fans, which remains our primary concern,” a joint statement from F1 and the FIA read.All parties said they would study the viability of finding alternative dates to run the races later in the year, and the statement added that Formula 1 and the FIA expect to be able to begin the 2020 season “as soon as it’s safe to do so after May”, but will continue to monitor the situation.The earliest the new season can now start is on June 7 in Azerbaijan.The postponements are the latest to have hit a sporting calendar turned upside down by the coronavirus outbreak, which has 217,510 cases with 9,020 deaths across 157 countries and territories as of 1100 GMT Thursday.The European football championships and Copa America have been both pushed back by 12 months to 2021. But the International Olympic Committee have so far pledged to carry on with the Tokyo Olympics, scheduled to run between July 24-August 9.Topics : The Dutch, Spanish and Monaco Formula One Grand Prix races were on Thursday postponed due to the global spread of coronavirus, officials announced.The triple postponements follow the cancellation of the season-opening Australian Grand Prix last week, and the postponement of the Chinese, Bahrain and Vietnam Grand Prix races.The Dutch GP, due to return to the calendar for the first time since 1985, was set to be held at Zandvoort on May 1-3, with the Spanish race following a week later, and the Monaco Grand Prix on May 21-24.last_img read more

Read More

COVID-19: Indonesia develops surveillance app to bolster contact tracing, tracking

first_img“PeduliLindungi respects your privacy. Your data will be encrypted and not be disclosed to any other party. Your data can only be accessed if you are likely to have been infected with COVID-19 and require immediate medical attention,” the webpage said in regard to data security.The app, which is undergoing a stress test, will be available for download at the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store upon launch.National Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB) spokesperson Agus Wibowo said the government was preparing the app’s database.“We are preparing the system. We’ve been collecting contact details of confirmed and suspected cases. The [COVID-19] task force will track the phone numbers to learn about where they’ve been and whom they’ve met,” Agus said on Saturday. He went on to say that the system would then send text messages to confirmed and suspected cases, reminding them to consult with a doctor.  “The [surveillance] dashboard has been established. The tracking functionality [is enabled]. The system will probably be launched on Tuesday,” he said.Indonesia has recorded 1,285 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 114 deaths as of Monday. Topics :center_img The Communications and Information Ministry, in collaboration with the State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs) Ministry, has developed a mobile app that enables users to compile data related to the spread of COVID-19 in their communities and help bolster the government’s efforts to trace and track confirmed cases, as well as suspected patients across the country.The homegrown app, dubbed PeduliLindungi for the time being, cross references the data stored on its users’ mobile devices through Bluetooth connection. When a user is in the vicinity of another user whose data has been uploaded to PeduliLindungi, the app enables an anonymous exchange of identities, according to its official website.If a user is found to have been in close proximity with confirmed suspected cases under surveillance, the app will identify them. Such a feature is expected to help fill in the blanks regarding travel history and close contacts that are vital to contact tracing and case tracking.last_img read more

Read More

Pennsylvanians Urged to Monitor Weather, Prepare for Heavy Rain and Possible Flooding

first_imgPennsylvanians Urged to Monitor Weather, Prepare for Heavy Rain and Possible Flooding SHARE Email Facebook Twitter Press Release,  PSA,  Weather Safety Harrisburg, PA – With the threat of heavy rain expected to impact much of the commonwealth overnight tonight, Governor Tom Wolf and the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency (PEMA) are reminding citizens to monitor weather conditions and prepare for possible flooding.“The best way to approach impending adverse weather is by being prepared and accessing accurate information from experts,” Governor Wolf said. “PEMA, county emergency personnel and law enforcement are the state’s experts and their warnings should be heeded.”PEMA advises people to have multiple ways to get severe weather alerts, such as a NOAA weather radio or cell phone alerts. Local media outlets are also a good source of local weather information and conditions.“Parts of the state could see as much as three inches of rain by the time this system ends,” said PEMA Director Richard D. Flinn, Jr. “We’re not expecting significant river flooding, but people need to be mindful of the possibility of small creek and stream flooding, and in urban or poor drainage areas where flooding is common.”PEMA notes that it’s important for people to understand the difference between a watch and a warning because they represent different levels of action to be taken.A flood or flash flood watch means that conditions are favorable for flooding to occur. Residents should stay alert and watch for rapidly rising waters, including rivers and streams, and be prepared to move to high ground quickly.A flood or flash flood warning means that there is actual flooding, or flooding is imminent. Residents should act at once and move to high ground.Always follow the guidance of local emergency personnel or law enforcement if you are told to evacuate. Be familiar with multiple ways to evacuate places where you spend a lot of time, such as your home and work location.Motorists should be prepared for travel delays or road closures due to heavy rain and possible flooding. Motorists who drive around or through signs or traffic control devices closing a road or highway due to hazardous conditions could face increased fines, particularly if the violation requires emergency responders to be called. While water on a flooded road might not look deep, the road could actually be washed away under the water, or the road could be compromised in a way that could make it unsafe to travel.center_img April 15, 2018last_img read more

Read More

True to their ranking, the No. 3 Women of Troy end in third place

first_imgBright spot · Jennifer Song, a freshman, finished runner-up overall to lead USC. – Jonathan Wong | Daily TrojanThe No. 3 women’s golf team fell just short of repeating the dream at the 2009 NCAA Championships last Friday at the Caves Valley Golf Club in Owings Mill, Md.The Women of Troy, looking for their first-ever repeat national title, fell from first to third on the final day to finish at 39-over-par 1191 (301-295-294-301), nine strokes back of No. 1 Arizona State at 30-over 1182 (302-298-291-291) and one stroke back of No. 2 UCLA at 38-over 1190 (296-293-304-297). “When we made the turn the final day, ASU started making the birdies and we didn’t,” said Coach Andrea Gaston. tagsFreshman Jennifer Song led as an individual going into the final round and finished tied for second. Song finished at two-over 290 (72-73-71-74), one stroke back of Purdue’s Maria Hernandez. Song was hurt by her play on the 18th hole all week, finishing five-over in four tries. Song’s finish is her fourth consecutive in the top two, and her sixth top-three finish for the season. Song’s outing topped off a very successful freshman year for the Korean native. She finished with a season average of 71.55 strokes per round, a USC record and the lowest average in the nation.  Song was named a First Team All-American and Freshman of the Year by the National Golf Coaches Association.Sophomore Lizette Salas finished tied for 16th at 10-over 298 (74-74-75-75). A consistent top 10 finisher throughout the season, she acknowledged that she didn’t play her best. “I was hitting the ball well, but I wasn’t getting the breaks I wanted to on the greens,” she said. “But that’s golf.”  Salas’ finish concludes a season in which she finished every tournament inside the top 18, and finished fourth in the nation for scoring. Her scoring average for the season was 71.82 strokes, the second lowest in school history behind Song. Salas also earned First Team All-American honors.“I’m going to keep working hard, and try to get first team all American again, and maybe player of the year,” Salas said.Junior Belen Mozo, last season’s fourth place finisher at the national championship, finished tied for 21st at 11-over 299 (78-72-73-76). Mozo became USC’s fourth three-time All-American when she was named to the Second Team this season. Junior Caroline Kim finished tied for 57th at 20-over 308 (77-76-79-76), highlighted by an even par back nine on the final day. Freshman In-Ah Park finished in a tie for 75th at 24-over 312 (79-79-75-79).Though disappointed in its finish, the team is already looking ahead to next year. “I think they’re stronger for it, and I think they learned how to practice more effectively and manage the course better,” Gaston said.“The way things happened this year, we’re not too happy with our results, and that’ll motivate us a lot for next season,” Salas said. The Women of Troy will return all their talent next season. “We’re returning our entire traveling roster, plus Stephanie Endstrasser (2008 All-American),” Gaston said. “We expect nothing less than to go after another national championship.”last_img read more

Read More