Tag: 夜上海论坛FV

Ray Parlour sends message to Arsenal over Kieran Tierney to Leicester City transfer speculation

first_img Metro Sport ReporterFriday 5 Jun 2020 10:25 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link272Shares Advertisement Leicester and England star Chilwell has been heavily linked with Chelsea in recent months (Picture: Getty)Although Tierney’s season has been hampered by injuries, the Scotland international has shown promising flashes in his opening 11 appearances for the north London club.ADVERTISEMENTThe defender is likely to be fit again for the remainder of Arsenal’s Premier League games, with the competition set to resume later this month. Comment Advertisementcenter_img Tierney has had an injury-hit season for the Gunners (Picture: Getty Images)Ray Parlour says he would ‘definitely keep’ Kieran Tierney at Arsenal amid rumours he could be on his way to Leicester City.The 23-year-old left-back has been linked to a move away from the Emirates less than a year after joining the Gunners from Celtic.Recent reports have suggest the Foxes have identified Tierney as the ideal replacement for Ben Chilwell if the latter completes a move to Chelsea this summer. Ray Parlour sends message to Arsenal over Kieran Tierney to Leicester City transfer speculation Man City stars head back into training as season set for June 17 returnTo view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video Play VideoLoaded: 0%0:00Progress: 0%PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration Time 1:58FullscreenMan City stars head back into training as season set for June 17 returnhttps://metro.co.uk/video/man-city-stars-head-training-season-set-june-17-return-2181398/This is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.And Gunners legend Parlour dismissed the claims that Tierney could be set to join Brendan Rodgers at the King Power Stadium.AdvertisementAdvertisement‘Well he’s going to be playing Champions League football with Leicester next season if he did move, but I’d be amazed if Arsenal let him go,’ the ex-Arsenal midfielder said on talkSPORT.‘It’ll have to be a big fee that Leicester have to try and prize him away.‘I can’t see that, I really can’t.More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal‘I think once he’s fit again and once he gets a few games, they’ve got [Sead] Kolasinac on that side as well, but what I’ve seen of him so far when he’s played, he looks a very exciting player.‘His age as well will come into it, he’s only a young lad, he’s going to get a few injuries here and there, but I would definitely keep him.‘I would give him a run in the team once he’s fit and have a look at him properly,‘But if Brendan Rodgers has a little chink in his armour to say, ‘Right Arsenal are thinking about letting him go’, then who knows what will happen, football doesn’t surprise you anymore, does it?’MORE: Charlie Nicholas rates Arsenal’s Premier League top-four chances under Mikel ArtetaMORE: Dejan Lovren speaks out on his Liverpool future amid Arsenal transfer linksFollow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.For more stories like this, check our sport page.last_img read more

Read More

No. 17 Syracuse routed by No. 4 Notre Dame, 98-68, in season’s biggest test

first_img Published on February 25, 2019 at 7:53 pm Contact Michael: mmcclear@syr.edu | @MikeJMcCleary Quentin Hillsman stood in the center of a sold-out Carrier Dome on Saturday, with his team behind him, and smirked.“Our goal every year is to win a National Championship,” Hillsman bellowed to a crowd of over 36,000 for SU men’s basketball’s matchup with Duke, “and that starts Monday.”For a team shrouded with inconsistencies — turnovers, poor-shooting, defensive mishaps — Monday provided a possible rebirth. Even if the Orange wouldn’t admit it, much of the season hinged on their ability to capture the one win they needed. After every misstep, Hillsman urged a look forward. Big games are on the horizon, games where the Orange can re-establish themselves as a national power.But, in the season’s biggest test, No. 17 Syracuse (20-7, 9-5 Atlantic Coast) once again faltered. The high-octane, fast-paced offense that Syracuse mimicked from country powers like No. 4 Notre Dame (26-3, 13-2) fell at the hands of its superior. In a 98-68 loss, the Orange were dominated in every facet of the game as their attempted responses were undone by a Fighting Irish two-fold. Monday offered the chance of a “cure-all,” Syracuse junior Gabrielle Cooper said, in front of a potentially record-breaking crowd. But instead it left SU with yet another crippling loss, and a repeated reminder of the unrefined areas it still needs to grow.“This is the game we have a great opportunity to come on our home floor and beat a very good team,” Hillsman said. “And we didn’t take advantage of the opportunity.”AdvertisementThis is placeholder textAmy Nakamura | Senior Design EditorThe buildup for the game started before the season even began. The Orange, who started the season ranked in the top-25, preached the ability to achieve a “balance” SU hadn’t seen since its trip to the NCAA Tournament. A strong backcourt, a star point guard and forward depth brought memories of the Syracuse’s inside-out attack highlighted by star guards Brittney Sykes, Alexis Peterson and forwards Bria and Briana Day. Looking at the roster at his disposal, Hillsman declared before the Orange played their first game that he expected SU would go 36-0 — a perfect season followed by a run to a National title.An early season conquest of North Dakota provided clarity as to what SU’s attack can bring, and a close-loss to then-No. 3 Oregon possibly alluded it could extend to opponents much greater. But with its triumphs came a lesser number of missteps — ones that perhaps held greater weight in the quest for its ultimate goal.All season, Syracuse showed signs: It had versatility. It had star-power. It had depth. But sometimes Syracuse didn’t have enough. All that could change though. It just needed to show up at the right time. While Hillsman couldn’t “win every game” like he’s repeatedly shown the desire to do so, little is there an opportunity to play a game that can correct all past failures. Monday, Syracuse started on the offensive. After Notre Dame drew a quick foul off the opening tip, SU converted on the game’s opening bucket. Though sloppy play at times overcame SU, between Orange turnovers and transition buckets from UND, timely shooting provided them life.With the time winding down in the first quarter, Miranda Drummond followed a miss and ran the baseline out to the 3-point line. When her feet crossed, she spun around and fired a 3-pointer that gave SU a one-point edge. After a quarter, it looked like Syracuse could match the Fighting Irish with some more refined play. It was five points. Two possessions. “That’s like nothing,” Tiana Mangakahia said after the game. But then UND caught fire.Notre Dame outscored SU 22-8 in the second quarter, a number that a small recovery in the third quarter couldn’t fix. Fighting Irish star Arike Ogunbowale effortlessly stroked jumpers from the outside as Syracuse fought for every shot. Mangakahia got into foul-trouble late in the first quarter, and the Orange started to feel the pain of her absence in the second quarter, finishing with 12 turnovers in the first half. UND undid Syracuse with an attack very similar, albeit much more efficient than its own. Whenever SU found itself in a shooting slump, it prescribed the solution would be to push the ball inside. Notre Dame did so with ease and scored from inside and out, dissecting SU’s limited defensive presence. Notre Dame head coach Muffet McGraw said the Fighting Irish opted for more of a “high-low” game instead of shooting heavily from the outside. As it scored in bunches on the interior, it caused the SU zone to “suck in a little bit,” and UND took advantage from the outside — a game plan the Orange have frequently acknowledged but rarely perfected.“I guess we kind of just lost our heads,” Drummond said of the collapse. “We weren’t focused.”Short spurts from SU gave the Orange possible momentum. Near the end of the third quarter, Mangakahia scored an and-1 layup, forced an offensive foul and drained a 3-pointer at the other end. Syracuse worked its way around on the next possession and found Maeva Djaldi-Tabdi alone under the rim. But as Syracuse had a chance to extend its scoring run to 8-0, Djaldi-Tabdi’s layup misfired.The crowd urged the Orange: In between points from the Fighting Irish and turnovers from Syracuse, it led cheers to push a run, to lead to any sort of momentum. But repeated blows left the crowd of nearly 5000-below the expected total mute.“It’s very disappointing, I talk about every loss. It doesn’t matter. We want to win every game. I was disappointed against Georgia Tech. I was disappointed against Oregon. I was disappointed …” Hillsman trailed off, laughing. “It’s the same disappointment. It’s not larger or smaller at this point because of Notre Dame, but obviously it’s a great opportunity.”Postgame, Hillsman was every bit as forward-thinking as he had been all season long. He wishes he could have the second quarter back. But it won’t, and this opportunity — to get a marquee win on its home floor — won’t happen again this season. The Orange have tried for a long time to create a system that would allow them to toe the line of the country’s elites. They made their way to the final game in 2016 and hoped that Monday would provide a gleaming route to find their way back. But, instead, Notre Dame proved to be everything the Orange isn’t. And everything it can’t yet be. Facebook Twitter Google+center_img Commentslast_img read more

Read More

IT’S OVER! DONEGAL GROUP ADMITS IT HAS LOST PROPERTY TAX BOYCOTT CAMPAIGN

first_imgONE OF the leading groups campaigning against home taxes has admitted it has lost its boycott campaign.Can’t Pay Won’t Pay has said that it recognises that the boycott of the Property Tax has failed to attract sufficient numbers to remain viable.It says the campaign will now switch to one calling for the Property Tax to be abolished. This is the same position espoused by Sinn Fein. “We believe that a strong boycott of the Property Tax could have made it uncollectible, but unfortunately we were unable to convince home owners that it was possible. The powers given to the Revenue and the relentless media campaign demoralised many into thinking there was no point.” said CPWP spokesperson Michéal Cholm Mac Giolla Easbuig.“Our Steering Committee has met and decided that, while individually we will all continue to resist registration, we have to accept that too many have registered to make the boycott still viable. We will stand in solidarity with those who simply will not be able to afford to pay this unfair tax, bearing in mind that as many as a fifth of those who have registered have chosen to kick the can down the road by sticking it on their credit cards.“While we welcome support from others who will refuse to register before July 1st deadline, we must now state clearly that we see no prospect of winning the campaign at this stage through continuation of the boycott.“Those of us who will continue to hold out fully understand those who felt they had no choice but to register. Many who support our stance have contacted us to tell us that they have only very reluctantly paid up and are angry and frustrated. They feel betrayed by the political parties who either supported the Property Tax or failed to back the people who took a principled stand against it. “The Property Tax remains a hugely unpopular and controversial tax. People have only registered because of the threat of deduction at source and fear of falling foul of the Revenue and not because they support this tax. Public anger will only grow as people are asked to pay double the amount in only six months time and as the tax rises year on year. We will continue to campaign for the abolition of this hated tax.”“The Property Tax is only one strand of our campaign against austerity taxes. We will soon be faced with water charges. Can’t Pay Won’t Pay will be organising a boycott of water charges and will obstruct the installation of water meters where possible. We will also continue to support Septic Tank owners who will face inspections and the prospect of punitive costs for any modifications recommended by inspectors.” IT’S OVER! DONEGAL GROUP ADMITS IT HAS LOST PROPERTY TAX BOYCOTT CAMPAIGN was last modified: June 28th, 2013 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:IT’S OVER! CAMPAIGN GROUP ADMITS IT HAS LOST PROPERTY TAX BOYCOTT CAMPAIGNlast_img read more

Read More

Donating his precious blood to save lives

first_imgWebsiteWebsiteWebsite WebsiteWebsiteWebsite WebsiteWebsiteWebsite Henry McGowan donated his precious blood at the Ladysmith Blood Donor Clinic recently.Determined to save as many lives as possible with his blood, Henry is a regular donor.Also read: Loving couple who regularly donate blood and Saving lives with her precious bloodHe obviously doesn’t mind needles and is sure to make many more donations in the future.Click to receive news links via WhatsApp. Or  for the latest news, visit our webpage or follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Join us there!last_img read more

Read More